On Thursday 4 February, Countering Backlash will host the second session in the Ubuntu Symposium series ‘Countering Patriarchal Backlash against Gender Justice’. This session will delve into two key arenas in which backlash is playing out in today’s world – the body politics of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) and the rise of online misogyny and the ‘manosphere’.
- Neil Datta, European Parliamentary Forum for Sexual and Reproductive Rights
- Alex di Branco, Institute for Research on Male Supremacism
- Dr Becky Faith, Institute of Development Studies and Countering Backlash
- Maria Alicia Guttiérez, University of Buenos Aires
- Magaly Marques, MenEngage Alliance Global Secretariat
- Loke Bisbjerg Nielson, DARE Gender
- Sabina F Rashid, BRAC James P Grant School of Public Health
- Nikki van der Gaag, Senior Fellow, Promundo
Time: 3:00PM – 5:00PM Central Africa Time. Click here to see what time that is where you are.
Language(s): English and Spanish
Translation: Subtitles available in 18 languages.